Posts tagged quotes
Page 1 of 5
“ Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
- Shakespeare: "Never play with the feelings of others because you may win the game but the risk is that you will surely lose the person for a lifetime."
- Napoleon: "The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people."
- Einstein: "I am thankful to all those who said NO to me, because of them I did it myself."
- Mahatma Gandhi: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
- Dr. Seuss: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
“ How silly skin color prejudice is, the only reason we see it is because our eyes detect wavelengths in the visible light of the spectrum. Over the vast majority of the spectrum, we are all black.”
Carl Sagan (via alesionfeelds)
“ Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don’t blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love”, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.”
“ The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism (via gogoken)